16 February 2009

Out of complacency, into the deep end

Having promised so many of my English friends that I would set up some sort of website to keep in touch round-robin style with what we were up to and how we were getting on, I realised that I had no idea whatsoever how to go about setting up said website.  How hard could it be, though? 

Uh, well, when you're a 50 something techno-peasant, harder than we'd like. 

Still, keeping in mind that one of the reasons for this move was to tumble ourselves out of complacency, out of our comfort zone, provide a challenge, and keep our grey cells active (and yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I wish I knew, too, last summer that the global economic meltdown would have achieved the same thing), why not throw 'learning how to blog' into the mix?  It won't be the first time in my life I've jumped (or been thrown) into the deep end.

For my tuition, I have to thank the wonderful Loveland Public Library which has furnished me with an array of useful books.  One feature I hope to install here (when I'm a bit more fluent with the process) is a Glad To Be Here/Sad To Be Here listing.  American Public Libraries are firmly in the Glad To Be Here camp.

For now, let's get started.    Splash.

2 comments:

  1. You have always inspired me with the way you face your challenges (oh, weren't those Securities Institute Exams fun?), so I have absolutely NO doubts, you will be winning some sort of award for the most amazing blog site before too long. Of course, you could have just used facebook (ask your daughter), but never mind....this is far more fun.
    I will look forward to following your exploits !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin from Cheltenham Most impressed, being between jobs right now I am having trouble converting my stiff fingers from Windows (used for the lst 15 years) into Apple ways. So setting up this site bowls me over! Apart from insane jealousy with the absence of grey skies. It was (is) a very brave move but now I can see why. As to using Facebook? Beth you had better start giving us ob=ver 50's some lessons.............

    ReplyDelete